The Energy Macro Environment
|Dates||Wed. June 10, 2015||Time||19:00 - 20:30|
|Targets||CFA Japan Members, Candidate Members,Candidate Non Members, Non-members|
|Panelists||Mr.Jamie Paton (Consultant, First Reserve in Asia)|
|Organizer||CFA Society Japan|
Energy is the world's largest industrial sector - whether it be electricity for your lights at home, fuel for planes, ships or trucks, gas for power stations or cooking - we all need energy in our daily lives.
While the sector is known for its large international or domestic giants, conglomerates that generate substantial M&A, there are numerous mid-sized companies operating successfully and building value.
This is a diverse sector and one in which private equity’s penetration has historically been low.
First Reserve has been investing in energy for over 30 years and the discussion considers a number of the key themes in today's global market:
- What are the key drivers of Supply & Demand;
- The Oil Price – where next?
- How technology is embedded in the industry;
- Where are investable opportunities for private equity;
- Some examples of how private equity can play a role in partnering companies to achieve their potential.